JR Raider Lacrosse Club!
The goals of the Red Raider Lacrosse Club are simple:
● Provide an opportunity for our Fairport players to play together and develop a chemistry to foster a love for the game because we CARE.
● Provide a QUALITY lacrosse opportunity for our Fairport players to be coached by passionate, experienced coaches committed to supporting our student athletes on and off the field. While still providing a competitive atmosphere/teams.
● Provide and Develop Players with Basic Fundamental Skills so they can be successful now and later in their lacrosse career.
***We hope to expand this opportunity to reach more Jr. Red Raiders making grade level teams after this year.***
A little bit about who will be coaching your kids:
Dave Thering- Dave is a ‘02 Fairport graduate who grew up playing in this very youth program. He was one of the top scorers in Fairport program history playing three years of varsity lacrosse where he holds multiple league honors. He went on to play at RIT where he was a three-year captain, 2x All-American, and one of the programs all-time leading goal scorers. He has countless Empire 8 honors such as Player of the year, Rookie of the year, and was voted first team all four years. He also took his studies serious and was an Academic All-American. Dave was Recently unanimously voted into the RIT Hall of Fame. After College, he was drafted by the Rochester Knighthawks in 2006. Since then he has been giving back to the sport by coaching every level from youth to college including programs such as Pittsford, Fairport, and RIT. He has coached several high-school and college all-americans.
“ I want to create an opportunity for our program’s players to grow together and stay together because that is how the program becomes more successful. Fairport lacrosse takes a family approach and I would like all our youth families to experience what it means to play for the Red Raiders!”
Brett Dennis- Brett is from the Syracuse area where he grew up playing youth lacrosse for the Onondaga Nation and Lafayette youth programs. He played 4 years for Lafayette high school varsity team that played and lost in a state title game and won multiple section titles. While playing there, he earned multiple all-league honors. Brett moved on to play two years at SUNY Geneseo and graduated in 06. He has helped coach multiple youth teams, clinics and camps.
“Lacrosse is a game of tradition. It’s important to teach the next generation the history of the game along with teamwork, character, and sportsmanship.”
Boys Grade 1-2
Membership Fee - $250.00
You will be able to pay online through the lacrosse website.
● Insurance for the year
● Equipment – Balls, Cones, training equipment, etc.
● 6 Field Practices
● 4 Box practices
● 2 Box Games
● Team uniform reversible Top and Matching shorts
● Practice Jersey
● 3 Tournaments
○ Irondequoit Invitational June 12th-13th
○ Syracuse All American Lax Jam Sunday June 20th
○ 1812 Shootout Sunday July 11th
*Additional tournaments are possible and subject to change due to Covid-19
Practice only A-La- Carte – Programs:
Membership Fee -$100
● You only pay for practice and Box clinics!
● Practice Jersey
A-La- Carte – Gear
● Custom Bag $70.00/bag
● Jersey and shorts (optional for Practice players) $70.00/uniform
REGISTER BY CLICKING HERE