Fairport Red Raider Lacrosse Club, LLC: CARE, QUALITY and VALUE
Dear Lacrosse Families,
We hope everyone is staying safe and healthy during these very uncertain times. As we previously stated in our email last FALL, we are implementing the Red Raider Lacrosse Club. We are committed to providing our families and athletes with a quality product to further develop their skills and promote the love of lacrosse. An important aspect of our club is value. Our goal is to bring our student athletes together in the off season and provide an affordable alternative to outside clubs while providing quality coaching and important team connections. The Red Raider Lacrosse Club will provides competitive teams, where the boys get to play with their school teammates and best friends.
The coaching staff has a personal interest in helping the boys both improve their game on the field, and guide them throughout their teenage years off the field as Fairport student athletes. One of our major goals is to build chemistry amongst our boys on and off the field. The Red Raider Lacrosse Club will run from June 1 to May 31 each year. This program is available for all boys’ grades 7th – 12th based on their grade as of September 1. Due to Covid-19 we were NOT able to start this program last summer. We will offer a competitive lacrosse experience, while enjoying a great experience with friends and family throughout the school year and in the summer.
During the summer, our goal was to participate in 4-5 tournaments throughout June, July and August with the possibility of a summer lacrosse league as well. Due to Covid 19 a lot of these tournaments have been cancelled or been moved to different dates that NOW are inconflict with other lacrosse programs. We know many of you are a part of a club lacrosse team, which can often raise conflicts. Being that the Red Raider Lacrosse Club is only for Fairport student athletes, we want all the boys involved throughout the summer months to continue building our program. If the conflicts of tournaments is a concern of yours, please let me know so we can discuss it further.
As the cost of outside clubs, including travel expenses, continues to rise, we believe that we have come up with a very affordable cost to be a part of the Red Raider Lacrosse Club. Unlike other club programs where you have to pay $1,000 or more, we have come up with a membership fee only for the year (see below). All of our other programs are A-La-Carte. Why are we doing it this way? We feel that by ONLY doing a membership fee, everyone will not feel the pressure to make every single experience that we offer. Let’s be honest, as a father, when I pay for something for my sons, I expect them to attend or they are wasting my money if they don’t go. I know WE ALL have experienced this issue. When you are paying $1000 or more up front, we all want value for what we are paying for. If you are only getting to half of the programs, are you getting the most for your money? This is why we are doing just a membership fee. All of our other programs will be A-La-Carte so that way if you can’t attend a program, then there will be NO stress about missing something. Please understand that we are looking for our lacrosse players to have BALANCE. We want our student athletes to participate in other sports, be involved in school activities, focus on getting the best grades possible, and participate in community service.
The goals of the Red Raider Lacrosse Club are simple:
- Provide an opportunity for our Fairport players to play together and develop a chemistry to foster a love for the game because we CARE.
- Provide a QUALITY lacrosse opportunity for our Fairport players to be coached by passionate, experienced coaches committed to supporting our student athletes on and off the field. While still providing a competitive atmosphere/teams.
- To provide our Fairport families with a VALUE enabling ALL players to have an opportunity to participate in additional lacrosse experiences.
We look forward to serving our families and student athletes through our Red Raider Lacrosse Club in the future. Please reach out if you have any questions.
Coach Torrelli and the Red Raiders Lacrosse Club Coaches
1. Will we need to purchase different helmets, Gloves, Bags to be a part of the Red Raider Lacrosse Club? Answer – No you can use all the same equipment from the spring Season.
2. Will we need to purchase a Uniform? Answer- No reversible will be provided and all players can use any Fairport Lacrosse shorts that you might have purchased during the spring season
3. Will I need to purchase NEW helmet decals? Answer- No you can use the same decals that you purchased in the spring season.
4. Will I be able to pay online? Answer- Yes we will have a pay online option for those who want to use a Credit card or Debit card.
5. Can I pay monthly? Answer- Yes we will have a payment option for anyone who wants to have a three month payment plan. This year 2021 - 2022 we will have a three Month payment plan.
Red Raider Lacrosse Club Beginning in 2021
June 1 2021 – May 31, 2022
Membership Fee - $300.00
Membership Family plan:
- 2 players – you pay $275.00 per player
- 3 players – you pay $250.00 per player
Get Waiver Here
You can also set up a payment plan to pay over 3 months.
You can also pay by check, payable to: Red Raider Lacrosse Club, LLC
Check will need to be mailed to:
Red Raider Lacrosse Club, LLC
49 Pannell Cir
Fairport NY, 14450
- Insurance for the year
- Equipment – Balls, Cones, training equipment, etc.
- 5 Field Practices – a few in the Fall the rest in summer
- Summer Box Program - $100.00 - value
- Under Armour Clothing Web Store – 30% – 40 % off list prices.
- Positional Clinics during the summer and/or the school year.
- Rental fees for positional clinics – Village Sports, Turin, TSE, etc.
- Under Armour- T-shirt & Shorts - $60.00 value
- Varsity Webster Bayside Tournament – usually end of October. $50.00 - value
- Skull & Bones Tournament – 7 & 8 Grade & JV – usually Mid October - $50.00 - value
A-La- Carte – Programs: You only pay for what you can attend!
Fall – Programs:
- Skull & Bones Tournament- TBA - 7th & 8th, JV
- Webster Tournament- TBA - Varsity
- Tully Tournament- TBA - Varsity
- Tully Tournament- Varsity - 7th & 8th grade, JV
Winter - Programs:
- Goalie/Face-off/Shooting, Concepts @ Turin 7-9 sessions, Tuesdays,TBA, 3:30-4:45 pm
- JV & Varsity training sessions - @ Turin 10-12 sessions, Thursdays, TBA, 3:30-4:45 pm
- 7th & 8th grade, training @ Village Sports,6 sessions, Wednesdays, TBA, 6:30-8:00 pm
- Hobart Tournament, Varsity- TBA
- Brockport Tournament, Varsity- TBA
- RIT Tournament, Varsity- TBA
- Pre-Season camp @ Turin- JV & Varsity - TBA
Summer – Programs:
- Program Camp, usually end of June @ FHS, 5:00-8:30 pm, Grades 2nd-12th as of Fall 2021
- Skill training @ FHS 6-10 sessions 1 hour by age groups, Grades 2nd-12th as of Fall 2021
- Ohio State Buckeye Battle- Varsity Team Camp, TBA
- New England Lacrosse Showcase, TBA
- SUNY Cortland Tournament- Varsity, TBA
- Play dates vs Thomas, Victor, Canandaigua, - Varsity, JV, Mod. B - TBA
Additional Summer Tournaments: Mod B, JV, and Varsity
- Sackets Harbor
- Plus possibly Other Tournaments.